Download an .iso disk image of SolarBus.org's wonderful
"Electronic Voting: a threat to our democracy"
Get the .torrent HERE.
Also available at Archive.org
If you're new to bit torrent, I suggest the Azureus client
(Windows, Mac, Linux), or for Windows only, Shareaza.
What is Bit Torrent?
When you open the .torrent file in your bit torrent
client of choice (mine is Azureus), and it downloads, as it is downloading,
you are AUTOMATICALLY uploading to everybody else that is downloading
the file, so, the more people that participate, the faster the downloads
become. It's an excellent way to share bandwidth and download very
large files (disc images) at the maximum bandwidth possible.
More info about bit
After you've finished downloading, leave your bit torrent window open,
so others can DL from you!
On Macintosh, you can use Roxio's Toast or Apple's Disk Utility to burn
On Windows, you will need a program to
extract the files, like WinISO, or a CD recorder, like Nero, to burn
it on a CD.
Burn copies! Distribute!
The voluntary pledge to help distribute this CD
The media is not telling us the truth about many things and the election
is just one. We are being forced to come up with creative ways to get
the truth out. This CD is one way to make it happen. It will only work
if the "Copy Forward" principle is used. This is a method of distributing
information, by which the people become the media by copying and forwarding
information by hand, instead of corporations feeding us information through
the television. If you feel these issues are important, please help make
You should have received this CD for free. Please continue to pass it
on. By receiving this CD, you are asked to make a voluntary pledge to
do the following:
- Invite at least one other person to watch some of the videos on
this CD with you.
- Make at least three copies of the CD and give them to other people
you think will watch them
- Take at least one action to help the cause for election justice.
Many simple action items and more involved volunteer
opportunities can be found on this CD.
Instructions for copying and distributing this CD:
A few notes about distributing the CD:
- Optional: check for an updated version here.
- Use a common CD burner and software to make an EXACT copy of this
- CD label options:
- Use your CD label software and import the GIF or JPG images
found in the "images" directory on this
- Use your CD label software, create your own design. Please
use the text found on this
- Give the CD to people you think will watch it.
- Check in with them afterwards to see if the watched it and ask them
if they made more copies and passed them on.
- Optional: Help us keep track of how many copies of this CD are going
around by sending an email to [email protected] All we want
to know is the state you live in, the version of the CD you copied,
and how many copies of the CD you made.
- Keep in mind that the purpose of this CD is to reach out to people
who are not already familiar with the problems with our election system.
There are many Democrats who question the results but don't know the
facts, and even some Republicans who are open minded and would agree
that open and fair elections are important to our country. Please try
to put this CD into the hands of these people.
- Other people to consider giving copies of the CD:
- Friends and relatives
- Writers at your local newspaper
- Your local election officials - including your Secretary of
State, Director of Elections, and your town's election board
- Your elected Representatives - for both local and national
- Radio talk show hosts
- John Kerry and John Edwards
- Howard Dean, Hillary Clinton, John Conyers
- Michael Moore, Al Franken, MoveOn
How can I get another a copy of this CD?
This CD is distributed primarily by people making copies and giving them to folks
they know. If you are reading this, you should already have a copy of the CD.
You are encouraged to make more copies. If your CD has become damaged or you
need another fresh copy for any reason, please go to http://solarbus.org/election/cd for